Sunday, August 30, 2009

A break through

Wednesday night we went to sleep around 11 which is pretty early for us. Madeline showed up in our room at 3 am. I tried to get her to go to sleep for about 30 minutes and she couldn't. She wants to sleep with us so bad but when she gets in bed with us she is too excited to sleep. So I took her back to her room and tried to go back to sleep. No way. Tyler snores and makes weird sounds in his sleep so I was wide awake. Then Tucker woke up at 5 to eat so I figured I should just get up. I will admit that I cried and pouted like a big baby because I had only gotten about 3.5 or 4 hours of sleep. Total. I came into the living room and laid down on the couch. Still feeling sorry for myself, I was surprised to hear a noise that I NEVER expected to hear. Tyler actually got out of bed and came in the living room after me to check on me! Normally he totally ignores my middle of the night pity parties- sometimes even snores through them. He bent down and gave me a big hug and asked if he could do anything. He even offered to sleep on the couch. He said he was sorry he was loud. It was the sweetest thing EVER. I never went back to sleep but I am sure that I made it through that day a little better because of his kindness and empathy. Love me some empathy. Oh Tyler, I am soooo happy to be married to you. I think we just might work out after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers