Tyler and I have our day to day routines down to a fine art. I love this. I love going to a restaurant with both kids. Usually I get Madeline and Tyler takes care of Tucker. We are like a well oiled machine. I make sure Madeline has her princesses, I cut her food just right, etc. and Tyler keeps Tucker smiling, feeds him his bottle or rocks the carrier with one hand while eating with the other.
Then there's the nighttime routines. Tyler takes over Madeline duty- the bath, stories, end prayers. I tend to Tucker. We are like ships passing in the night during this time but then we meet one another again in the living room after all is said and done and settle in for some down time.
For a couple of nights now we have been taking time to head outside in the evenings and swing together in the hammock as a family. This was Madeline's idea. It was a great one. Madeline says she loves to "hang out and relax." I even heard myself tell Tyler NOT to mow the grass- to just hang out and relax with us instead. He did. And I love him for it.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good! In twenty years you won't remember the height of the grass, but all four of you will remember those evenings hanging out together.
ReplyDelete=)